These 10 journal prompts for music majors are here to help you set intention, focus, make achievable plans, and celebrate you as a musician.
(Quick tip: I have personally found this kind of journaling to be more effective in the morning or before you begin creating music.)
The 10 Prompts:
- Who inspires you most in music? List them.
- Look at your answer to #1. What aspects of those people do you see in yourself?
- What is the most recent thing you have done to better yourself as a musician?
- List the things that make you a good musician!
- What do you need to practice doing more? Is it working on your stage presence? Is it a certain key you need to run some scales on?
- Look at your answer to #5. Make a plan to work on that thing in the next month. Write that plan down.
- What about music makes you happiest?
- What is your ultimate goal with music?
- Look at your answer to #8. What small goal can you set for yourself this week that will ultimately help you achieve that one big goal?
- What have you learned from the past 9 prompts?
Need more journal prompts for music majors like yourself? Click here
Need more writing journals? Click here